I know I missed the last two Favorites on Fridays posts, but Joe and I have been so busy! Driving across country, hanging out with friends and family along the way, not wanting to miss any of the beautiful sights and now that we’re in Seattle, we’re running around like crazy trying to get our apartment set up! We got into our apartment yesterday and we both really love it. It’s a ‘daylight basement’ apartment that’s in north Seattle and the landlords that live above us are great. The apartment itself is super cute and very well refinished with a gas ‘wood’ stove, an office, small but functional kitchen, bedroom, and bath. Luckily all of our stuff made it (we shipped by Greyhound), except for one box of my books, and they happened to be all my cookbooks. I’ll be devastated if they don’t arrive!!! We also have a small veggie garden space and little herb garden and a front yard area with a meditation pool to relax in. It’s perfect!
So yesterday we spent all day running around trying to get stuff to furnish our apartment since we had absolutely zero pieces of furniture. Thankfully the previous tenants left a futon bed frame, so all we needed was a mattress.
We did pretty well, I think, but there’s still a few things we need to get. The list will continue to grow for sure.
I did want to mention a few things I’ve seen and found (besides our apartment) for my Favorites on Friday post – even though it’s Saturday.
- Kind of big news! Have you ever heard about the Tech Seminar 2012 put on by Vida Vegan Con (a conference that brings vegan bloggers, speakers, chefs, etc… together in one big veg-fest)? We’ll it’s happening this coming November at the public library in Seattle. The creators of the conference and seminar were kind enough to offer two scholarships to the seminar, and I was awarded one! So I’ll be going to the Tech Seminar in a few months to learn more about vegan blogging, make some connections, eat good food from the Veggie Grill, and have fun. I can’t wait and thank you so much!
- Golubka, of course, continues to inspire me with her creations and photos. The other week she made quinoa collard wraps from the new Sprouted Kitchen cookbook (which I’ll be purchasing soon!) and they look beautiful. Why doesn’t my food ever come out like that?
- I also love the Blueberry Nut Granola Hannah just posted over at Immer Wachsen. It looks so, so good!
- I forgot that living in a city, you are bestowed with a number of conviences that you don’t get when living in rural Vermont. Like free delivery! After a full day of errands yesterday, Joe and I came home to a pile of unopened boxes and brand-new stuff to put away. We worked until a little after seven, then called Thai One On for delivery. So convient! And the food was awesome. We ordered my favorite – Tom Kha Soup – a tofu peanut curry with spinach, and a stir-fried rice noodle dish. Yum! We’ll be ordering there a lot, I think.
- Another thing I love about living in the city is all the second-hand stuff that’s still in good condition! We stopped at two Value Villages and picked up nice blender for cheap, some bowls, glasses, and cookware. I’m sure I’ll be going back often, just to see what they have…